Central Information Commission 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi - 110 066 Website: www.cic.gov.in Decision No.3062/IC(A)/2008 F. No.CIC/MA/C/2008/00321 Dated, the 12th August, 2008 Name of the Appellant: Sh. R.S. Chohan Name of the Public Authority: B.S.N.L. Decision i 1. The complainant did not avail of the opportunity of personal hearing on 11/8/2008. The complaint is therefore examined on merit. 2. The complainant has alleged that information asked for vide his application dated 16.11.2007 have not been furnished to him by the CPIO of the respondent.
3. The CPIO is directed to furnish the information within 15 working days
from the date of issue of this decision, failing which penalty proceedings u/s 20(1)
of the Act, would be initiated.
4. The complainant is advised to contact the concerned CPIO along with a
copy of his RTI application for ready reference. He should ensure that the
required information is clearly specified as per the provisions of Section 2(f) of
the Act, which requires that information should be available in any material form.
“If you don’t ask, you don’t get.” – Mahatma Gandhi
5. The complaint is thus disposed of.
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)
Central Information Commissioner ii
Authenticated true copy:
Name & address of Parties:
1. Sh. R.S. Chohan, 77, Indira Nagar Colony, Dehradun – 248 006
2. Sh. Manoj Pant, Gm (Admn.) & PIO, BSNL,Uttaranchal Telecom Circle,
Windlass Complex, Rajpur Road, Dehradun-248 001
“All men by nature desire to know.” – Aristotle