Criminal Law News High Profile Cases Malegaon blast accused Upadhyay demands police protection September 29, 2017 by Legal India Admin | Leave a Comment Ramesh Upadhyay, an accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast case who got bail two days ago, has moved the special NIA court here seeking police protection. “Upadhyay has filed an application seeking security, saying there is threat to his life. We have opposed it,” special public prosecutor Avinash Rasal said. Rasal told the court today […] Read more » Court featured Law Legal News Malegaon blast Ramesh Upadhyay special NIA court
Top Law News Malegaon blast: SC to hear pleas of Purohit, Thakur August 16, 2017 by Legal India Admin | Leave a Comment The Supreme Court today said the issue of granting bail to former Lieutenant Colonel Shrikant Prasad Purohit and cancellation of bail of Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, both accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, needed detailed consideration. A bench of Justices R K Agrawal and M M Shantanagoudar listed the case for hearing on August […] Read more » Court featured Law Legal News Malegaon blast Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur Shrikant Prasad Purohi Supreme Court
Criminal Law News Top Law News ‘Evidence against Purohit, not Thakur in Malegaon blast’ July 29, 2017 by Legal India Admin | Leave a Comment The NIA told the Supreme Court today there were “several incriminating circumstances” against accused Lt Col Shrikant Purohit, which proved his “deep involvement and complicity” in the 2008 Malegaon blast case. The National Investigation Agency (NIA), however, told a bench comprising Justices R K Agarwal and M M Shantanagoudar it had not found “sufficient evidence” […] Read more » Court Criminal news featured Law Legal News Malegaon blast NIA Pragya Singh Thakur Shrikant Purohit Supreme Court
Top Law News Court allows Malegaon blast accused to use laptops in jail July 13, 2017 by Legal India Admin | Leave a Comment In a rare order, a Mumbai court hearing the 2008 Malegaon blast case today allowed some of the accused to use laptops inside the prison for work related to the case. They won’t be able to access the Internet, though. “The court allowed an application moved by four accused after we said we had no […] Read more » Arthur road jail Court Criminal news featured Law Legal News Malegaon blast Mumbai court
High Profile Cases Malegaon blast: Sadhvi Pragya’s bail plea rejected June 28, 2016 by Legal India News | Leave a Comment A special NIA court today rejected the bail application of 2008 Malegoan blast accused Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur who had been given a clean chit by the probe agency last month. The National Investigation Agency (NIA) had also not opposed her bail application. Special Judge S D Tekale rejected the bail plea in an in-camera […] Read more » Court Criminal news featured Law Malegaon blast Sadhvi Pragya's bail plea rejected
Criminal Law News Malegaon blast: Purohit’s custodial interrogation put off March 22, 2012 / March 22, 2012 by Legal India Admin | Leave a Comment The Supreme Court Wednesday extended its interim order staying the Bombay High Court verdict permitting custodial interrogation by the NIA of Malegaon bomb blast accused Prasad Srikant Purohit and Sudhakar Dhar Dwivedi till April 10. The court would that day examine whether offences alleged against the two justified invoking of the Maharashtra Control of Organised […] Read more » Bombay High Court Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act Malegaon blast Supreme Court
Criminal Law News High Profile Cases Release Muslim youths held for Malegaon blast, say scholars January 10, 2011 by Legal India Admin | Leave a Comment Muslim intellectuals Monday asked the Maharashtra government to free young Muslim men held in connection with the 2006 Malegaon bomb blast, following the recent statements of arrested Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) leader Swami Aseemanand. Aseemanand, who was arrested last year, in a confessional statement before a magistrate said that he along with other Hindu activists […] Read more » Malegaon blast
Top Law News Malegaon blast: Apex court denies bail to armyman October 4, 2010 by Legal India Admin | Leave a Comment The Supreme Court Monday declined to grant bail to the 2008 Malegaon bombings accused P.S. Purohit, a lieutenant colonel of the Indian Army. An apex court bench of Justice Markandey Katju and Justice T.S. Thakur observed that the offence was too serious. At least seven people were killed and more than 100 injured in the […] Read more » apex court armyman bail denies Malegaon blast